Affordable Decor S/S 2014
Good design is beautiful and livable and that doesn't mean that everything has to come from high-end showrooms. Investing in a few quality items and combining it with refurbished vintage and affordable finds from stores like Ikea, West Elm or Home Goods is a smart approach to creating a compelling space. Here are my top 10 great buys happening right now that won't break the bank:
1. Aina Curtains - Ikea - 1 pair $49.99 - The quality of the linen is outstanding and the 98" length means that you can hang them as high as you can to get a designer look, making your ceilings look higher. I like the grey option.
2. Nate Berkus Decorative Woven Pillow - Target - $35 - I love the Nate Berkus collection at Target. He can do no wrong in my eyes.
3. Wall Sconce - One Forty Three - $65 for single sconce & $85 for double sconce. The white & brass color are right on trend and the double sconce is currently on wait list only. Also available in other finishes / colors.
4. Faux Fur Throw - Restoration Hardware - On sale for $79. Faux fur in the summer? Yes! This is the best time to take advantage of the sale price and restoration's version seems higher quality than other sources. I love the "Wolf" option.
5. Ranarp Floor Lamp - Ikea - $59.99 - comes in white or grey. I'm in love with the white and the brass hardware along with the black and white exposed cord is very chic. I've seen this design offered in the showroom so it's right on trend. The lamp is a little finicky when you use an incandescent bulb (thus the cheaper price).
6. Peekaboo Stool - Wisteria - $119 - concrete tables are right on trend. I love this one because of the little handles on the side. It's also a little wider than some of the options at CB2.
7. Nuloom Moroccan Trellis Wool Rug - Overstock.com - $497.54 for an 8 x 10 rug is a great bargain. I love the tassels on this rug but keep in mind that they consider the tassels part of the overall dimension of the rug. Every rug I've ordered from Overstock has exceeded my expectations. If you can pony up Ebay and Etsy have great options for authentic rugs around $1800. The difference in quality is markedly better.
8. Beehive Chandelier - Hayneedle.com - $206.25 for a 20" Diameter pendant made from natural jute twine great for adding organic warmth to any space.
9. Codify Pencil Holder - Anthropologie - $48 - Guys, the brass trend is showing no signs of slowing in interiors this season. I like the sophistication this organizer adds to a table/ desk scape. Use all the same pencils/ pens and paperclips for a cohesive look and keep your office organized to really let this shine.
10. Saddle Office Chair - West Elm - $349 - I've seen this office chair used in a variety of design settings. What I love is that the standard upholstery looks like it's custom and the nod to mid-century footprint of the piece can add just the right element of vintage to a desk or table setting. It's also quite comfortable as well.
For more ideas, resources and inspiration head over to my pinterest page. Happy decorating!